15 June 2008
My kids like yoga

My kids like yoga!
They didn't used to. But I found a DVD that isn't pompous or too wordy or too long. (These are common yoga DVD faults.)
I put it on once a day, when I remember. Sometimes they ask for it, even.
They are pretty inflexible, mostly (thank you No Child Left Behind--not!), but they are endlessly game. And the practice, brief as it is (maybe twenty minutes) has wonderful after-effects. They really are a tad calmer and happier.
And that is huge in the mid-afternoon of a long, hot summer.
Namaste!
Comments:
<< Home
I'm sure there are any number that'd work, but the one I found is:
Yoga Kids, Vol. 2: ABC's for Ages 3-6 (2003)
It has a sweet little song at the end, and we often spend the rest of the day humming it off and one.
I like doing it too--did I mention that? I don't think I did. It works for me too.
Post a Comment
Yoga Kids, Vol. 2: ABC's for Ages 3-6 (2003)
It has a sweet little song at the end, and we often spend the rest of the day humming it off and one.
I like doing it too--did I mention that? I don't think I did. It works for me too.
<< Home

