18 February 2007
I heart this
Four remembers every Valentine's Day gift he's gotten his teachers over the years (he's 9 and started preschool when he was 3). He knows exactly why he chose each one for that particular teacher.
This year, he got something he'd seen and remembered from a previous trip to the store.
Four is my empath child. He's uncannily sweet and sensitive. People (even people who are not related to him--school personnel, teachers, childless-by-choice acquaintances) have frequently made comments to the effect that he seems to be an old soul.
He's also the biggest worrier in the family. So he was anxious about the Precious Item being there still. I mean, really, wouldn't the shopping hordes just naturally want his gift, it being so perfect and all?
When he found the gift still on the shelf, clearly awaiting its destiny, he nabbed it with great glee. Bliss crept over his face.
"I can't wait to see her opening this--it just makes my shoulders warm thinking about it."
This year, he got something he'd seen and remembered from a previous trip to the store.
Four is my empath child. He's uncannily sweet and sensitive. People (even people who are not related to him--school personnel, teachers, childless-by-choice acquaintances) have frequently made comments to the effect that he seems to be an old soul.
He's also the biggest worrier in the family. So he was anxious about the Precious Item being there still. I mean, really, wouldn't the shopping hordes just naturally want his gift, it being so perfect and all?
When he found the gift still on the shelf, clearly awaiting its destiny, he nabbed it with great glee. Bliss crept over his face.
"I can't wait to see her opening this--it just makes my shoulders warm thinking about it."
