20 December 2006
Waltons--not!
And then, just in case you thought I thought we were the dang Waltons or something, there's this conversation which just slammed in and then slammed out of the house (between Six and Five, but it could have been any two of them):
"Shut up!"
"No! YOU shut up!
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU shut up with your butt!!!!"
(That's Five, having the last word, as always.......and the last word here quoted is the last word he chooses pretty much most of the time. I'm thinking I'll set the clocks back an hour and dump 'em all in bed before the whole shootin' match blows.....)
"Shut up!"
"No! YOU shut up!
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU shut up with your butt!!!!"
(That's Five, having the last word, as always.......and the last word here quoted is the last word he chooses pretty much most of the time. I'm thinking I'll set the clocks back an hour and dump 'em all in bed before the whole shootin' match blows.....)
Comments:
<< Home
Lynda:
Don't know *why* "butt humor" (as it is called in our home) is sooo dang funny--starting at age 2 or 3 and ending...well, I guess it doesn't end, cuz I LLOL (literally laughed out loud) when I read the punch-line of your warm, Walton-esque post.
Thanks for the chuckle.
Teri
(from Iowa)
PS Happy-No-Haitian-Kid, also known as Feliz Family-Day!!
Don't know *why* "butt humor" (as it is called in our home) is sooo dang funny--starting at age 2 or 3 and ending...well, I guess it doesn't end, cuz I LLOL (literally laughed out loud) when I read the punch-line of your warm, Walton-esque post.
Thanks for the chuckle.
Teri
(from Iowa)
PS Happy-No-Haitian-Kid, also known as Feliz Family-Day!!
Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your blog (I read the archives). Didn't see an email link, so thought I'd leave a comment. I was wondering, what kind of work do you do?
Some days, I think the relevant question is "what work DON'T I do?" lol.
Do we know each other?
Thanks for reading!
Do we know each other?
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I don't know you, but I bet it'd be fun to have you living next door (sorry your neighbor doesn't feel the same way.)
I have another question. You mentioned that you live in a "good" school district. I, too, live in what is considered a "good" school district, but it didn't work so well for my children (who are not adopted.)
I was wondering what it is about your district that makes it good, and if it's working for all your kids (except Six, since he is going to a different school.)
(You can reply at processor160@gmail.com if you'd rather not reply in your comments.)
I love your sense of humor, and how you can "see" your children so well.
I have another question. You mentioned that you live in a "good" school district. I, too, live in what is considered a "good" school district, but it didn't work so well for my children (who are not adopted.)
I was wondering what it is about your district that makes it good, and if it's working for all your kids (except Six, since he is going to a different school.)
(You can reply at processor160@gmail.com if you'd rather not reply in your comments.)
I love your sense of humor, and how you can "see" your children so well.
In a way, I don't believe in "good" districts any more (I used to, before kids). I mean, there's always something, you know? But in this intance, I mean a couple things. First, it has a reputation and always gets rated at the top of the charts when they do quantifications/reviews. Second, it has a lot of money, compared to other districts around here (it still isn't enough of course--they are incessantly fund-raising, because they have to). That leads to Third: because they are not digging behind the couch cushions constantly for basic services, it's not difficult to get the services my kids need from them. Not only have I not fought for IEPs the way some folks in the world have had to, I have actually had to resist one, in the case of Four whose pace of development doesn't match the universal benchmarks the schools have to use (he did meet thme just about exactly when I'd predicted he would--no one knows a kid like his own Mom, MOM!).
There are some kids for whom regulation public schools just don't work very well--Six might be one of them. He's EXTREMELY kinetic. And even with the best will in the world, a public school teacher with a class of 22 kids (yes, we are THAT lucky) is going to have trouble with him (even when he's trying his best), possibly. I'm hoping not, but time will tell.
I like having this conversation here btw--it might be relevant to others as well. What about your district hasn't worked for your kids?
And thanks for the kind words!
Post a Comment
There are some kids for whom regulation public schools just don't work very well--Six might be one of them. He's EXTREMELY kinetic. And even with the best will in the world, a public school teacher with a class of 22 kids (yes, we are THAT lucky) is going to have trouble with him (even when he's trying his best), possibly. I'm hoping not, but time will tell.
I like having this conversation here btw--it might be relevant to others as well. What about your district hasn't worked for your kids?
And thanks for the kind words!
<< Home


