Google

28 November 2006

soft things


Waiting for Seven, I have reached a fairly well-known stage in the wait for TA (Travel Approval): the buying-soft-sweet-adorable-things stage.

I can't touch her. I can't hug her. I can't feed her, brush her hair, tuck her in.


So for now my maternal longing can be partly appeased only by items like these, which are even now wending their way from some warehouse after my online feeding frenzy of the other night.

See, I've decided she loves pink. I don't know why I have decided this, since I have two daughters who hate pink. But I just know that this one loves it.

I also know that she'll need soft warm pettable things. My arrival will turn her world upside down. She will be scared, angry, grieving. It is quite possible she won't want any comforting from me. Five sure didn't. He did love his new clothes though, and they helped him feel a little better those first couple of terrible days. He put them all in his little bag, along with his water bottle and the kleenex box, and kept it by the door all ready for the big break out.

So despite the fact that I have NO idea when that precious TA is going to finally show up, Seven already has one brand new, very pink, very soft, fluffy outfit to keep in her little bag by the door.

And if I am very lucky, she'll be able, before too long, to put them on and feel pretty and special and like maybe things might turn out okay after all.

And you can bet that the minute she does that, you will be seeing this very outfit on this blog again. But then it will have a little girl in it. And that will be the day that my surfing for soft pink dresses and furry coats and warm fuzzy hats will finally be over. Until then, Mom, MOM! will be spending far too much time (not to mention money--but hey, it's a sale, and it's all so cute and cuddly and, uh, cute and cuddly) on hannaandersson.com and other such dangerous locales.






Comments:
Oh Lynda!

Your Seven is going to be breathtakingly beautiful and she *will* love soft fuzzy things and you *will* love her and the cyber-crowd will go WILD, cheering with joy for the two of you to have each other FINALLY!

Phew.
That was quite a sentence.
Must be the pink.

Teri
(from Iowa)
 
It's weird how I'm getting all fixated on these cute little clothing items. I mean I know it's becuase I'm really fixated on that cute little human item I am waiting and waiting and waiting to grab and never let go.

Thank, Teri. And as to your sentence, I think it is perfectly beautiful.

Cute.

Cuddly.

Yup, come to think of it, "the pink" got you too. LOL
 
I can just picture seven in the new cute and cuddly coat. She will look so....cute and cuddly! My oldest has an adversion to pink (though she had a pink t-shirt on this morning - "I'm wearing my hoodie over it mom!") and my middle child lives for pink. She'll be 10 next month so I'm not sure how long that will last.

I have to admit...seeing the cute and cuddly little pink stuff makes me long to have a little girl again...but only for a minute!

Hope that TA comes soon!!

Colleen
 
Thanks Colleen! One and Two hate hate hate pink. And this is the first time I've ever had this overwhelming urge to acquire it, lol. I'm usually all "well, something around here will end up fitting him/her" about it.

The attack of "The Pink" was a stage of adoption-waiting I've never experienced before...... it makes me wonder what's next.
 
Hey!

Why did I think you had TA in hand and were on deck? shoot, I didn't want to know that you and Seven were still in limbo land, but you don't got no 'splainin to to do bout the pink. My only concern, were there other coordinates? and if so, why didn't you buy more? retail therapy doesn't work if you don't take the full dose.

I'll keep a good thought for our favorite bureaucrats to treat you right this week.

Marji
 
Boy do I wish you were right about us being "on deck"! And thanks for the good thought--we can use 'em all.

In fact I have been sneaking into coordinates, bit by bit (The Pink is an insidious syndrome): today pale pink leggins and darker pink tights with a sweet little pattern....seriously, The Pink belongs in the DSM-IV!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?