15 March 2006
Maurice Chevalier is Chinese
In the backseat:
Six (deep guttural extravagantly fetching Haitian accent): "[Five], you haf frens, yes?"
Five: "Yes, frens. You haf frens?"
Six: "Oui, m' haf frens BOY."
Five: "'Frens boy'?"
Six: "Oui. YOU haf leeeeeeeetle gell."
Five: "What?"
Six (derisively): "You haf leetle gell frens, you. M' haf frens BOY."
Five: "Oh."
Six (smugly): "Oui!"
Five (long pause, then, decisively): "I luuuuhhhhhhhffffff [stretches this for 3 seconds] leetle gell."
[long pause]
Six: "Oh."
No, I did not run off the road, but it was close.
Six (deep guttural extravagantly fetching Haitian accent): "[Five], you haf frens, yes?"
Five: "Yes, frens. You haf frens?"
Six: "Oui, m' haf frens BOY."
Five: "'Frens boy'?"
Six: "Oui. YOU haf leeeeeeeetle gell."
Five: "What?"
Six (derisively): "You haf leetle gell frens, you. M' haf frens BOY."
Five: "Oh."
Six (smugly): "Oui!"
Five (long pause, then, decisively): "I luuuuhhhhhhhffffff [stretches this for 3 seconds] leetle gell."
[long pause]
Six: "Oh."
No, I did not run off the road, but it was close.
